Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why I Love Dedicated Servers

Yesterday I was playing on my favorite CoD4 server when this little asshole intentionally tk'd me after I informed him he was breaking a rule. Since there were no admins on at the time there wasn't much that could be done.. or so it would seem. I opened up my console and took a few screen shots, copied down his GUID number, and made a visit to the forums (to which I'm already an active member) and posted a new thread which included 5 screen shots and his info.

Here's what I posted:

"We were on wetwork. I told "pant milkshake" he couldn't stand on the railing. He got down, walked over to me, crouched, and shot me point blank, no apology. Next round several people point it out and he says "oh i'm soo sorry", then he comes up and shoots me again in the same manor, followed by "hahahahahahah". Several members try to tell him to stop the tks. Again he says "oh srrry" and does it again and leaves.

About 15seconds after leaving "JAKE THE SNAKE" joins. I check GUIDs and sure enough, same guy. He played dumb and got away with it.


taken from my console screen shots:

f919c997 pant milkshake
f919c997 JAKE THE SNAKE


Hopefully this is enough to do something."


Shortly after, one of the head admins posted the following:

"
----------------------
[2:56:50 AM] pb_sv_BanGuid "563e07ce241344d5ae5a5949f919c997" "pant milkshake" 64.46.19.94:34266 "intentional tks - hawk"
----------------------
PunkBuster Server: Ban Added to Ban List
 
That's a win in my book. (:

1 comment: